Saturday, December 03, 2005

Welcome December!

Welcome to the Blog for LE CHEVAL THE HORSE. The Equine Photography of Juliet Harrison.

I figured that this might be a great place to keep everyone updated. I will post info. About shows and venues where you can find my work. I will also be able to frequently post images of my new work and hopefully you can give me feedback on what you see. I would love to create a dialog with my friends and collectors.

For those of you not already in the know...I am a DINOSAUR. I work in the most traditional of all photographic forms. I shoot 35mm film. Primarily in Black and White. I develop it and do all my own printing in my basement darkroom. Other than cropping the image and working with the exposure times and contrast, I do not do any extraneous manipulation. What my eye sees in the viewfinder is pretty much what is in the final print. No special filters, textures, no photoshop. This is the work that is most satisfying to me.

I started out on photography, primarily shooting architecture. Focusing on the textures, forms, contrasts and shadows. It made sense at the time, because I was living in NYC and with an architect. Been with that architect for over 20 years now. I went back to my cameras about 3 years ago, after a 9 year hiatus spending my creative energies on raising my son, making a home and working in a job I loved. When I picked my cameras back up, I started by photographing Horse related events that I was frequenting. Rodeos and Draft Horse events.















So now the thing that I am finding the most interesting, is how the work is developing. I spent a great deal of time this past spring and summer at various equine events. Lots more English riding venues. What has come out of these opportunities, is that the work is getting more abstract. I am returning to my original interests in texture and form, but this time it is the horse that is my subject.


So let me know what you think of this new work and I will keep posting things here. Remember to look at the website www.LeChevalTheHorse.com for purchase information.

I am also taking commissions to photograph Dogs now.

This month you can find my work in Las Vegas at the Art Encounter Gallery, in Newton, Kansas at the Carriage Factory Gallery, as well as at the Rhinebeck Tack shop in Rhinebeck, New York, Cavallo Fine jewelry in Red Hook, New York and at O'Halloran in Millerton, New York.

I am also starting to sell some of my work on Ebay. You can find me there under lecheval(thehorse). For now what I am selling there is Digital Reproductions and ACEO's, which stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. Aceo's are highly collectible pieces of original art or prints. They are all 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". These cards are dated and signed and are a fantastic way to collect fine art without paying as much. Check these out on Ebay by typing in the search ACEO and Horse. These are some of the new images


These are ACEO's that are on Ebay right now!

No comments: