Saturday, April 29, 2006

Great News

Great news for me this week. I was accepted into two shows for June. The Western States Horse Expo, where I have had work and won the blue ribbon in B&W Photography for the past two years, and The New Jersey Equine Artist's Association juried show. That one will be at the Somerset Art Association opening the beginning of June through the end of the month.

The thing that gets me, is that I had no idea that the NJEAA show was such a big deal. I just enter whatever shows come along that sound interesting. If they take photography, which the don't always, then I enter them. Many of the artists in the EAG (Equine Art Guild) see this show as something to strive for. Gee, if I had known, I might have been too intimidated to enter. They accepted two of my pieces, "From Above, #1" and "L". Both of these are also rather abstract, non-traditional pieces. I am so thrilled that they were accepted. I'll have to let everyone know how the opening goes. I hear that it is in a very "Chi Chi" neighborhood.

The last bit of news, I don't know if I have mentioned. The Chisholm Gallery of Pine Plains, New York will now be carrying a selection of my work. I hope that the relationship with the gallery is a positive one for us all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a nice blog. Good job! John

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interesting blog. Mustang