Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Horse Shows and Art Shows

I know I should be better about updating this blog. But I was never good with keeping a diary either.

I am going down to the New Jersey Equine Artist's Assns' reception for the Art of The Horse exhibition on Sunday. It is at the Somerset Art Association in Bedminster, New Jersey. I am very excited to see my work installed next to such other wonderful pieces of equine art. The show opened last week and will run through the 24th of June. They accepted "L" and "From Above, #1". The weekend after is the vendor style Equine Art Show at HITS in Saugerties, New York. I am looking forward to that whole weekend. Last year was total dud for sales but I got some great shots. The whole From Above series was shot that weekend. And it is great to spend the two days with other artists. We all walked around with our cameras. There was even one point where we were all watching one jumping class. Four of us had situated ourselves near one jump and we would gab until a horse approached the jump, then we would all pick up our cameras, take the shot and then put them down and resume talking. That same weekend 3 of my pieces will be out in Sacramento, California at the Equine Art Exhibition that is a part of the Western States Horse Expo. So, it will be a busy first part of June for my artwork.

No comments: