Sunday, February 03, 2008

February Newsletter


February Newsletter

I hope everyone is trying to find ways to enjoy this winter! I have news and information to share.

Currently, on the Canine Art Guild Website, the membership has presented a show of work with a Black and White theme. On the third page you will find a new image of mine titled “Boxer Grins”. Enjoy the wonderful group of work that showcases the varied talents of the members of the CAG. You will find the show by going to www.canineartguild.com and clicking on the show banner.

For those living in the Mid-West….or at least closer to Columbus, Ohio, you will be able to view two of my livestock images at the Wings, Tails, Hooves and Scales exhibit held in conjunction with the Midwest Veterinary Conference presented by the Ohio Veterinary Medical Association. The show will be up from Feb. 21st-24th. It is located at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. I am not sure when the exhibit is open to the public, but I do know that they have set aside public viewing hours. I will be entering another show in Ohio that I will let everyone know about if the work is accepted to that one.

Here is another reminder for the West Coast, the Grand National Art Show and Sale at the Cow Palace outside of San Francisco will be held April 4th-12th. This show will have more than 500 pieces of Western and Equestrian themed art. I will have 5 pieces on display there. I expect the quality of work that will be at this show will be tremendous as they are gathering the best of the best from around the world.

Local friends can find me next Sat. February 9th at the Center for Photography at Woodstock in Woodstock, New York. I will participating in a portfolio review that will be open for public viewing from 6-8pm. I will have 17 of my “Equine Landscapes and Topographcals” images with me matted and ready for sale. Many are so new they have not been shown anywhere before.

The final bit of information I have to share is thanks to a new collector from the Chicago area. I am now able to offer oversized Giclee prints of my work. Up until now my prints have been limited by the size of my negative and darkroom. Limited Edition originals are still offered only to size 11x14, but the open edition giclees can be printed much larger. If you are interested, please contact me for more information.

Stay Warm and Dry!

Juliet
www.lechevalthehorse.com

No comments: