Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More Happenings

Time to keep everyone up to date.




I have been having lots of fun with my new digital camera. I went to Saratoga to the racetrack for a weekend this summer. What a wonderful place to take my cameras. I met my friend Linda Shantz (equine painter from Canada) up there and we had a blast.




There is still a few more weeks to see my work there at Terry Lindsay's Equidae Gallery in the Holiday Inn. The show closes after Labor Day.


A few weeks after I was up there, I went to the HITS showground in Saugerties. NY and photographed the Parade of Breeds and Grand Prix jumping. As you can see, it was a miserably rainy day. But I still had fun.






These color images and more can be seen at www.julietharrisonphotography.smugmug.com They are available for use as reference photos for artists and as inkjet prints. Not to worry. I did bring my B&W film and got some great shots. I just haven't been in the darkroom printing them yet.



Upcoming stuff.......

Next fall I have been invited to participate in a 2-person show of equine art at the Silo Gallery at the Hunt Hill Farm Trust in New Milford, CT. This will be a great chance for me to showcase more than 20 pieces of my new work. I will keep everyone posted as that comes closer. Until the next post....have a wonderful end of summer!

No comments: