Monday, January 18, 2010

Coming up Empty?

I have been trying to come up with some witty things to say this morning. Unfortunately, nothing has sprung to mind.


So instead of witty insightful commentary - I will just give you the news. The two above images, Raindance and Frozen have been accepted into the Columbia County Council on the Arts 14th Annual Juried Art Show. Juror for this show was Janet Riker, Director of the University at Albany Art Museum. The show will be hung at the Hudson Opera House in Hudson, New York from February 20th until March 28th, 2010. The opening reception is Saturday, Feb. 20th from 6-8pm.



I have been hinting as some ideas that I have been working on.....so it is time to supply some of the details.



I will be offering an online Mentoring/Critiquing program to start in February. This program will be offered to individuals who have a good working knowledge of photography and want to move their imagery into more a substantial Fine Art path. Primarily commercial Equine Photographers who wish to start building a portfolio of Fine Art imagery that they can use to approach galleries and enter Fine Art competition. The program will last for 3 months and include research and photographic exercises and weekly critiques. The goal will be to finish with a portfolio of 20 or more strong consistent images for a portfolio that can be built on in the future. In addition, I will be offering as a separate program online weekly critiques for those who only feel they need some image guidance. If you are interested in hearing more details, contact me by email at julietharrison@earthlink.net



The other thing I have been working on is a program by which I can get some of my images into the hands of fans of my work who may not be able to afford the imagery at the present time. I have not ironed out the details of this quite yet...But in this time of economic struggle I wanted to be able to make it possible, to without discounting the value of the work, have my work move out into the world. It will take form as a kind of ArtCartaking/Rental/Loan program. To hear more about it when I have it all together you must sign up for my website newsletter. I will only be announcing the details there. http://data.fineartstudioonline.com/dataviewer.asp?keyvalue=11230&page=Email%20Newsletter





I am still working on getting my tattoo done. It will happen soon. And more importantly, I did get down into the darkroom this week. One negative was smooth and easy to print. The other was a struggle. The problem is that the paper manufacturers have cut down on the amount of silver in the surface. This decreases the sensitivity of the paper and makes it s struggle to get the contrast I sometimes want. I may be finding myself doing some experimenting over the next year with some of the boutique papers from Europe. It will be time consuming and costly to find something that works the way I would like, but in the long run will cut down on my darkroom frustrations a great deal. I am tired of having to run though a load of tricks to get the contrast that I want. This my friends is the result of the digital revolution. Fewer manufacturers making the paper and cost cutting measures by those that still do. Ah well, noone said that making art would be a breeze.



I think that is it for this Monday. Time for me to wrap it up and head to the movies with my son, Jackson. Enjoy the day!



Juliet

http://data.fineartstudioonline.com/dataviewer.asp?keyvalue=11230

julietharrison@earthlink.net

1 comment:

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

Is it already Monday again?
COngraTulaTions on Raindance and Frozen's wee success. They're going to the Opera Yeah!