Monday, February 15, 2010

Back in Control


I was watching that wonderful young Canadian mogul skier last night and as he was speeding down the hill over those bumps just a fraction away from out of control....I thought...gee, that is exactly how my life can feel sometimes. This past week was all about getting back in control. So I organized my office. I filed my papers. And more importantly, I found all the paperwork that had deadlines that I needed to be conscious of. And good thing too, because at least three of those deadlines are March 1st. I would have been very disappointed in myself I had let them pass. I have now posted each and every deadline on a calender right next to my computer. And it is a good thing that I did this, as more opportunities arrived this past week.


I sent out the images to be considered for the feature on my work in Rural Heritage magazine. I filled out the entry for Photowork '10. It is a juried show at the Barrett Art Center, here in Poughkeepsie, NY. This years juror is an associate curator at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City. That one is well worth entering! Filling out the paperwork for the invitational show "Evoking Spirit" to open at the Maplebrook School in Amenia, NY on Derby day. And I need to decide what 3 pieces I want to enter into the New Jersey Equine Artist's Association's 2010 juried show. Two more forms need to be thought about..one for a juried show in photography and one an invitational/juried event that will be part of the HITS at Saugerties show season. Those are due soon too.


I got invited to send two pieces to the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo's inaugural Equine Art Show. It will exhibited near Denver, Colorado in the middle of March. I will be sending two draft horse pieces. "L" and "Strath/Clyde(s)".

I delivered "Frozen" and "Raindance" to the Hudson Opera House for the Columbia County Council on the Arts 14th Annual Juried Art Show. Here is a link to the press release. https://sp1.actemarketing.com/speasapage.aspx?X=5L0W10RTHV8SRX3800Z8W9 The opening reception will be this coming Saturday, from 6-8pm.
I do think that is it funny that this was the year I was going to concentrate on creating and not on getting the work out there. And I have had so many invitations to show the work. I am grateful for it all.

I have been adding images to my Etsy store. B&W and Color giclees. There are several original Silver prints for sale there too. So take a look. http://www.etsy.com/shop/lechevalthehorse . And don't forget. Just about any image on my website can be printed as a giclee reproduction. Just ask!

Have a great week. I will be getting things moving forward even more this week. And since I just ordered more paper for my darkroom. I expect to be getting some printing done later in the week.

Juliet

http://www.julietrharrisonphotography.com

No comments: