Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday morning post - turned into Monday Afternoon

I should be ready to write this each week. But it does not seem to be working that way. The past week was full and so is my brain. Part of the problem today is that I had the most wonderful walk with a friend and fellow artist, Nadine Robbins this morning. And we talked about so much that my head is full of ideas. You can see some of her work here - http://www.nadinerobbinsportraits.com/

I finally put together my new plan for moving my framed pieces into the homes of my friends and fans. I call it "Art Sharing". I announced some of the details to my newsletter subscribers. If you might be interested in hanging my work in your home for 2 years at a nominal fee, with some great perks....you need to sign up for my newsletter and I will send you the program information. Sign up here - http://data.fineartstudioonline.com/dataviewer.asp?keyvalue=11230&page=Email%20Newsletter "Braids" is one of the photographs that is available right now!


I remember that at the beginning of this year....I told myself that I would spend less time in the next 12 months marketing my work and more time creating it. Some of that I have been good at keeping to. I am limiting the amount of time I spend in the internet and the number of juried shows that I am entering. And I have been back in the darkroom several times in January and like on my walk today...I have taken my camera and just taken pictures. Looking for interesting light, pattern and texture. But interestingly enough, in my attempt to limit the number of shows I planned to do......I have only limited the juried shows. Instead, they have been replaced by more invitational events.



As I mentioned last blog post, I have two pieces that will be in the Columbia County Council on the Arts 14th Annual Juried Art Show which will open the 20th of February. http://www.artscolumbia.org/ I only intend to enter 3 other juried shows for the year.



Yesterday, I was invited to put together 14 images for a Virtual show of my work for the Stable Woman's Gazette. The theme of the show is romance and sensuality. Done from my perspective. I will post the link to the show as soon as it is ready. The image below, "Lush", will be one of the ones featured in the show.




I have been invited to send work back to Terry Lindsay's Equidae Gallery in Saratoga Springs, NY during this years' race meet. And to have work again at the annual art show at the Maplebrook School in Amenia, NY that opens as a kick off the night of the Kentucky Derby. I will post more details about these as it gets closer.


So many of us have been touched and saddened but the devastation in Haiti. Wanting to find ways to help. I have joined with an International group of Photographers, Images Without Borders, to try an make a bit of difference. A website has been set up with images contributed by the photographers and made available exclusively for sale to support the efforts of Doctors Without Borders. Please take a look and know that ALL proceeds from purchased images go to help. http://www.imageswithoutborders.org/c/imageswithoutborders I have donated 4 COLOR images for sale. To find my work just enter "Juliet Harrison" in the search box.



I still have spaces available for those interested in my mentoring program. Information if you need it is on this link - http://data.fineartstudioonline.com/dataviewer.asp?keyvalue=11230&page=Other%20Form



Being an artist is never only about creating. Just as much time is spent in the task of making being an artist a successful endeavor. It is a juggling act that can be at times frustrating, but is never dull. Next weeks blog post may be more thoughtful. This one just seems to be full of news. But I guess that is ok too. Have a great week.


Juliet





2 comments:

Carole Rodrigue said...

Juliet, I just love the blue reflection in this photo! Your photography is all great, but the colors in this one is just amazing!

Juliet said...

Thanks Carole. And you know how I don't "do" color. So I am glad this one resonated with you.