Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday's Activities

(Vintage: Cabellero, showing at HITS Equine Art Show and Auction)

I spent the morning catching up from the weekend. Organizing laundry. Reading emails. Getting some prints ready to send out to new owners. It seems that Monday's have become a good day for this kind of thing. And for planning the rest of the week.

Mid-day I went to the barn to have a nice ride on Tony. We tried out a new bit which seemed to make everything we have worked on fall right into place. He was happily mouthing it, with a beautiful headset and responsive to what I asked of him. Lovely to feel that. We even took a bit of time to walk out onto the farm road for a cool down, after work treat. Although it sure was humid out there and the bugs were bugging us. I need to remember to bring a sponge to the barn so I can wet him down just a touch on days like this. I have a feeling it is going to be much like this the rest of the summer.

Like I mentioned above, a good part of the day was spent planning some future things. I am contemplating entering several Fine Art photography shows and trying my luck again. I may even enter some of the non-equine images from New Mexico. Three of the shows are dedicated to B&W. So I feel I should challenge myself to submit work. I am also thinking of doing the entries a bit different than I usually do. Since 3 of these are virtual shows, I am scanning my negatives to use them for the entries, instead of printing in the darkroom first and then scanning the prints. All the images I am entering, if printed in the darkroom, would be printed as close to the original negative as possible. These are not images that I would alter a great deal when printing. It will be interesting to see if there is any significant difference on how they are received in the judging. Of course...it should not make any difference.

My photograph, Vintage: Cabellero, will be on exhibit starting this weekend for the HITS Equine Art Show and Auction. For the start of the show the works of art will be distributed in varies locations in Saugerties, NY and some even closer to home. I am not sure where mine will be, but I will post it as soon as I know. http://www.hitsshows.com/

I have been invited to contribute work to the "Love Our Local Landscape" show at the Gazen Gallery in Rhinebeck, NY opening on July 17th and running through September 12th. "Contributing artists have selected pieces that feature Local landscapes making this show a highlight of our local Hudson Valley region." Of course mine will be somewhat non-traditional "Landscapes". An Equiscape or two!?! http://www.gazengallery.com/index.html


I am hoping to get up to Saratoga Springs this weekend for the annual dressage show at the race track. I have never been there. This is the first year in forever that Jackson does not have a multitude of parades to march in that I need to chauffeur him to. So I am going to take advantage of it and get to see this show. Now let's hope there is beautiful weather for the weekend.


I am still waiting to see the current copy of Rural Heritage Magazine to see the feature that was done about my work. It should be out on newstands any day now...but the website is still not updated...so I am waiting.....! I hope to have a link to that for you all to see next week.


Don't forget to scroll down to previous posts to see the Special Pricing on Framed Original Gelatin Silver Print. There are 3 different posts with images and information. Some may be withdrawn soon from this sale if I need them for the show at the Gazen Gallery. So be sure that if you want one, you let me know ASAP, so that we can be sure you get it before I remove it from the blog.
That feels like it for now......Have a great week....although I might be back posting later in the week if something interesting comes up!


Juliet
( julietharrison@earthlink.net)

No comments: