Tuesday, June 01, 2010

June Memories


June is a month awash in memories for me. It is the month that I was born in 1958. So for a long time...it seemed like "my month". It would begin in anticipation of my birthday to come at the end of the month. Of course summer would begin in June as the school year ended. Heralding more good times. I always felt that my family was closer to eachother in June than any other time of the year.

The year I turned 30, June became the month of my wedding. Two days, in fact, before my 30th birthday I married my wonderful husband Brent. And then...just before my 36th birthday...I gave birth to my son, Jackson. I could have asked for no more wonderful present than that. Every year in June, to be reminded of the moment when he entered our lives, changing it forever. 16 years ago he became the center of our lives and added dimension to the world! Next June I will not be with him for his 17th birthday, as he is heading to Milan, Italy in September, to spend a year abroad. So this year we will be sure to celebrate together.
9 years ago on the 26th of June, I bought my first horse. Tony was and is the fulfillment of a childhood dream. And having him has enhanced my life immeasurably. I don't think that I would have focused my work so directly on horses, had it not been for how owning him has brought me more involved with horses than ever before.

3 years ago....just a few days before my 49th birthday, my mother passed away. And June changed a bit. Now it carries a bittersweet taste. Sadness...not overwhelming the happy, but tempering it. Dulling the edge of excitement. This year I intend to make some new happy memories in June.

So in this month of so much...I wish to remind you...that you can read the newest article written about my work in the May/June issue of Rural Heritage Magazine. The feature was written by fellow equine artist, Bethany Caskey. You can purchase a copy of the magazine at your local Tractor Supply or online at http://www.ruralheritage.com/ . Take a look in your local newstand for the June issue of American Art Collector magazine. Inside you will find a wonderful issue featuring equine artwork and there is an ad for Terry Lindsay's Equidae Gallery that features one of my pieces. There is one more weekend you can see my work at the Maplebrook School in Amenia, NY in the Evoking Spirit art show. As part of the HITS on the Hudson Equine Art Show and Auction, my work Vintage: Cabellero is on exhibit at the Red Onion Restaurant at 1654 Route 212 between Woodstock and Saugerties, NY. It will remain there until the beginning of July when it will move to the Fletcher Gallery in Woodstock, NY before being auctioned off on September 10th to benefit the Family of Woodstock. You can get more information here - http://www.hitsshows.com/EquineArtAuction/EquineArtAuctionIndex.html


July will see more of my work on display. This time at the Gazen Gallery in Rhinebeck, NY during their "Love Our Local Landscape" show. I will know more about what pieces will be there by the end of this week. http://www.gazengallery.com/


And remember...scroll backwards in this blog to find the three posts with images that are selling framed for their unframed prices. Several of these are no longer available at this price, due to them heading for various shows. So if you want to purchase one at this special price....Speak Up asap!
So June begins....May it be a beautiful month for all of us!
Juliet

1 comment:

Mark Samu said...

June certainly is your month. Our Max' birthday is today. 22 and healthy after a rough year last year. The time flies, so enjoy Jackson all you can.
Looking forward to seeing your work in Saratoga.