Thursday, September 02, 2010

Summer, Past!

I know that I have been away from blogging for quite a while now. And I apologize for neglecting it. This summer turned into a time of family focus for me. For those who don't know, I have a pretty active and involved 16 year old son. And he plays drums for competition bagpipe bands. This summer saw us all over the US and then in Ireland and Scotland for the World Pipeband Championships. A 12 day trip of competitions, practices and a couple of hours here and there for sightseeing.

(here is the band entering the competition arena and if you look above the band, you can see Jax featured on the jumbotron screen as broadcast by the BBC)

As soon as we returned home from the trip my time was absorbed by efforts to ready that same wonderful child for his soon to happen, 10 month sojourn in Milan, Italy as a Rotary Youth Exchange student. He leaves here on this coming Tuesday.

So you can see, that not much time has been spent as an artist this summer. And now that the summer draws to a close....I will spend some time trying to catch up and to catch my blog up as well. Because, although it was not an active art summer...there were definintly things to report about. Like trips to the track in Saratoga and legal battles with image stealers. So, stay tuned for more to come.

Juliet

No comments: