Friday, October 08, 2010

Never Able To Catch Up


I have been remiss. I have been busy. I have been lazy, no.....I have been......working on my house and organizing my life. My son left for his year in Italy , the beginning of September. Exactly a month ago today. He is doing his junior year of High School as a Rotary Youth Exchange student in Milan. And I have been catching up on all sorts of things that I have been needing to do. Some around the house, like finally clearing out some of his toys. He is 16 and in Europe after all. And trying to clean out some of my stuff too. Along with that...I spent a week filing negatives that had been shot over the past year, but never tucked into negative sleeves and numbered. 100 rolls of film in one year. That does not sound like a lot to digital shooters who do that many shots at one event. But film shooter know that is a great deal of work.


And now I find I am in a time or reassessment. It feels like time to put the marketing push on hold, with the economy so bad, and to put more time into just creating. time for the work to evolve. I am very happy with the work I did this past year. And I need to see where it all takes me. October and November are dedicated to my position as Show director of Ex Arte Equinus, the International Equine Art competition and show that is sponsored by Art Horse Magazine. I am also working on an article that will be published in the next issue of the magazine. (http://www.arthorsemagazine.com). I will be putting together a new book of images from my time at the Saratoga Springs racetrack.


So while I get my home and career in order.....enjoy this new image.

Breathing Velvet

No comments: